JW Jones | St. Thomas, ON
Billboard Top 10 Blues Artist, 2020 IBC Winner, and JUNO Nominee
Canadian singer/guitarist JW-Jones is known for his high-energy shows!
Fresh off the heels of winning “Best Guitarist” at the 2020 International Blues Challenge in Memphis, Jones was excited for a huge year before COVID-19 hit and halted his tour schedule. “I knew I had to do something productive to stay positive. I turned isolation into inspiration!” said the JUNO-nominated Jones, whose searing axemanship has been praised in recent years by legendary blues artists Buddy Guy and Chuck Leavell (The Rolling Stones). From original music to previously unreleased songs, “this album sounds bigger and wider-than-ever” says Jones. It features a 17-piece band with a 13-piece horn section, plus additional tracking of vocals, guitars, and studio effects that led to a most appropriate title, Sonic Departures. After releasing Live less than two years ago, the frequent resident of Billboard’s Top 10 Blues charts and roots radio favourite continues to accelerate his career momentum to new heights, whether it’s as a personally-requested sit-in with the likes of 8-time Grammy winner Buddy Guy, opening for blues-rock icon George Thorogood, or entertaining thrilled audiences in 23 countries and four continents.
- JW Jones won the Maple Blues Award for Electric Act of the Year in 2004
- JW Jones won the International Blues Challenge for Best Self-Produced CD Award in 2017
- JW Jones won the International Blues Challenge for Best Guitarist in 2020
- JW Jones won the Ottawa Awards Jazz/Blues for Artist of the Year in 2021
- JW Jones won the Ottawa Awards Jazz/Blues for Artist of the Year in 2022
- and many more award nominations and wins than can be listed here